Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jesse Tree Day 5

J.M.J.

Today, Day 5, is the story of Abraham.  I love the simplicity of the pencil drawings in this picture, yet the amount od detail and energy radiating off of this print is amazing!  This picture is very good for an art appreciation class.  (Sorry about the flash!)


Genesis 12:1-3

The call of Abram, and the promise made to him. He sojourneth in Chanaan, and then by occasion of a famine, goeth down to Egypt.
  [1] And the Lord said to Abram: Go forth out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and out of thy father's house, and come into the land which I shall shew thee. [2] And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and magnify thy name, and thou shalt be blessed. [3] I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee, and IN THEE shall all the kindred of the earth be blessed: [Genesis 12:1-3] [Latin]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment