Monday, December 17, 2012

Jesse Tree Day 11

J.M.J.

Day 11 is Jesse.  I love these icons of the Jesse Tree and had a hard time choosing which one to use for the ornament!  Jesse tree on which these ornaments are hanging are on a 6 foot tree.  These will remain on the tree all the way through Christmas Eve.  I will take a picture when the tree is finished.  it is aleady looking so lovely!



Samuel is sent to Bethlehem, where he anointeth David: who is taken into Saul's family.
  [1] And the Lord said to Samuel: How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, whom I have rejected from reigning over Israel? fill thy horn with oil, and come, that I may send thee to Isai the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons. [2] And Samuel said: How shall I go? for Saul will hear of it, and he will kill me. And the Lord said: Thou shalt take with thee a calf of the herd, and thou shalt say: I am come to sacrifice to the Lord. [3] And thou shalt call Isai to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou art to do, and thou shalt anoint him whom I shall shew to thee. [4] Then Samuel did as the Lord had said to him. And he came to Bethlehem, and the ancients of the city wondered, and meeting him, they said: Is thy coming hither peaceable? [5] And he said: It is peaceable: I am come to offer sacrifice to the Lord, be ye sanctified, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Isai and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice. [6] And when they were come in, he saw Eliab, and said: Is the Lord's anointed before him? [7] And the Lord said to Samuel: Look not on his countenance, nor on the height of his stature: because I have rejected him, nor do I judge according to the look of man: for man seeth those things that appear, but the Lord beholdeth the heart. [8] And Isai called Abinadab, and brought him before Samuel. And he said: Neither hath the Lord chosen this. [9] And Isai brought Samma, and he said of him: Neither hath the Lord chosen this. [10] Isai therefore brought his seven sons before Samuel: and Samuel said to Isai: The Lord hath not chosen any one of these. [11] And Samuel said to Isai: Are here all thy sons? He answered: There remaineth yet a young one, who keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said to Isai: Send, and fetch him, for we will not sit down till he come hither. [12] He sent therefore and brought him Now he was ruddy and beautiful to behold, and of a comely face. And the Lord said: Arise, and anoint him, for this is he. [13] Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward: and Samuel rose up, and went to Ramatha. [1 Kings (1 Samuel) 16:1-13] [Latin]

No comments:

Post a Comment